Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templae file not showing up all changes.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
8wr_zj
424 Views, 7 Replies

Templae file not showing up all changes.

I made some changes to our normal template file for inventor and saved it to my hardrive in the public folder.  When i open through windows explorer its fine and everything is correct.  When i open a new idw and select this file through inventor it comes in with some of the tables having different size text and none of my leaders comming in.  Any help would be greatly appericated.

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
chad38
in reply to: 8wr_zj

Did you do a "Save As Template"?

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 3 of 8
blair

You will need to look at your Projects File Options as well with respect to the Styles setting and options. Do you have it set for Global Styles or are your Styles set locally.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
8wr_zj
in reply to: blair

The first time i made the Template i did a save as a template.  Now i just go back into it edit and save the changes. 

How do i check which styles i have it set for global or local? 

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 5 of 8
blair

You would need to look at your Projects file and it will show if you are using Read-Only or Read-Write. If you didn't save the changed file as a Template File, then your changes won't show up unless you have purposefully undated and change the Library Styles. Most likely if you didn't save as a Template, you are still using the old standard.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 8
yannick3

Hi
I think you did not save your style in the library styles
Open your template (directly with window explorer) and save the style, the command icon is on the manage tab.

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 7 of 8
8wr_zj
in reply to: yannick3

Ok I opened the file from windows made my changes to save copy as template file.  No change.  I opened original file with style library in read-write saved styles changes under manage tab click yes to all but nothing shows up.  Clicked save anyways closed, changed back to read only no change....What else can i try?  thanks for the help so far.

Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 8 of 8
yannick3

Hi

first set your style librairy to resd write

2- open your template and don't save  a copy to template

3-when you try to save your style the change made in the librairy style should be listed if yes save the style

another thing, if you have created new partlist style or anything else you must  create a new object default style and you must link the new style to your standard style, see pictures.

maybe it's not clear

send me a private message and if you want, share your screen with team viewer and i will set your template.

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report