Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TempEmbed_(1).bmp in Inventor DWG when opened in AutoCAD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BrettCaldeira
663 Views, 1 Reply

TempEmbed_(1).bmp in Inventor DWG when opened in AutoCAD

Hi There Guys

Hope all is well and someone is able to help.

I am having this issue quite frequently and am getting very frustrated. I have a few embedded images in my Inventor DWG Template and when I open the drawings up in AutoCAD all images dissapear and instead get replaced with TempEmbed_(1).bmp. Sometimes it works and there is nothing wrong, and other times I get the TempEmbed(1).bmp "replacement". Once this happens there is no way to recover the images, the only solution which works less then 10% of the time is to save the file as a different name, and then rename at a later stage.

We recently moved to 2013 (always run 1 year behind) and the issue above has become alot worse. Any non-migrated documents (2012) seem to work, but those migrated to 2013 do not.

I have searched the net and read a few posts, but none seem to have an actual solution, and know one knows if its an Inventor or AutoCAD problem.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brett 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Found this discussion from January, and the solution... "there is no solution", find a work around and waste more time.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/DWG-TrueView/TempEmbed-bmp-Thumbnail-opposed-to-image/td-p/4294324

Please Autodesk, give me a fix...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report