Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Scheduler "unresolved references" error message

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dpsmith85
2574 Views, 8 Replies

Task Scheduler "unresolved references" error message

I am looking to batch convert my IDWs to AutoCad DWGs without having to go through and manually open each file and save as etc.  Right now I am using the export files task to do this.  I have saved an *.ini file with all the settings I want and successfully create the task.  After running the task it fails to convert all the files giving me an error message that says "File has unresolved references".  This shouldn't be the case though because the IDW's open and reference the part/assembly files fine.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2010 32bit edition SP3

Thanks for the help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

The error "File has unresolved references" will appear when an assembly file can’t resolve components referenced in it. By default, task scheduler will skip these files. You can force task scheduler to migrate these files by using the options in the attached screenshot. 

Untitled.png

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 9

We may be running different versions, or maybe I'm confused about where you got that options box.  If I click on options in the Export files dialog box all I see is "export files options" which only chooses the *.ini file.  See the attached screenshot.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Message 4 of 9
dpsmith85
in reply to: dpsmith85

I did find what you were refering to in the "update design" task.  I'm still a little confused though.  Am I supposed to run a task that updates the design of all the files and then run a separate task that converts idw to dwg?

Message 5 of 9

Sorry for the confusion with the screenshot. Exactly, Since you have some unresolved references, Update your drawings with the same settings i have shown and then convert them to DWG. This might help to fix your problem.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Tags (3)
Message 6 of 9

Why does Task Scheduler (Design update & Export files) not support Vault projects ?

Message 7 of 9
andreasenv
in reply to: mdumont

Its really wierd that you can open a file in Inventor and print/export it but when using Task Scheduler you cant due to "unresolved references". To use update you need to have the files checked out aswell if your using Vault. Why is it like this?!

Message 8 of 9
bbiller
in reply to: mdumont

"Why does Task Scheduler (Design update & Export files) not support Vault projects?"

Because that would be too useful and convenient. Inventor's whole M.O. is miserably broken file management that will drive even the most strong-minded person to the looney bin. Why would task scheduler support one of Inventor's most basic and core functionalities? Because that would mean they're competent enough for basic file management, which we all know is not true.

Message 9 of 9
aaron.fineout
in reply to: bbiller

shots fired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report