Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Scheduler Print "unresolved references"?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nfinnerty
551 Views, 1 Reply

Task Scheduler Print "unresolved references"?

I am trying to batch print a folder of DWGs into PDFs. I choose the folder with all of the DWGs and change to printer to Adobe to print it as a PDF. I run the print task and only 200 out of 6000 print as PDFs! So I try to use an alternative method by selecting an individual DWG instead of a folder in the print task. I chose a DWG that didn't print properly the first time I tried, the 200 that printed successfully the first time work individually as well. So anyways. After I choose the files individually I get two different types the first being that I am able to run the print task, but I get the "unresolved references" error in the long. The second problem was when selecting the DWG I get an "invalid name" error and can't even choose the file to run the task. Now I am able to open any of the DWGs in question in inventor and export or print the file as a PDF without any proble at all, I found a thread in the forum with a similar problem:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/task-scheduler-quot-unresolved-references-...

I tried the suggested method, but when I try to update the file with the suggested settings I get an error saying "this file does not exist." I am using a vault for the DWGs, but I have tried to do it with it checked out and checked in and both don't work. Please help!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DRoam
in reply to: nfinnerty

I'm having this same issue. When I try to batch print several IDWs using the task scheduler, several files fail and the reason given in the error log is that they contain unresolved references. But I'm able to open them in Inventor just fine without any broken references.

Why is this happening? Is there any way I can just tell the Task Scheduler to "defer updates" and "skip unresolved files" when printing the IDWs, like I can if I'm opening them in Inventor? If there isn't a way to do this, there should be.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report