Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TASK SCHEDULER is a ****!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BLHDrafting
362 Views, 4 Replies

TASK SCHEDULER is a ****!

It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it doesnt (sits there for hours on 0%) I kill the process. Sometimes you can't kill the process so I reboot the PC. But when I start Inventor the GUI is reset to Classic and all of the customisations I made are gone. Anybody got any useful tips?

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BLHDrafting

What specifically are you trying to do with task scheduler?

Message 3 of 5
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Anonymous

Convert IDW to Acad DWG. Seems simple. It's just very hit and miss.

Brendan Henderson

Twitter @BLHDrafting

ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 4 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: BLHDrafting

I had a strange experience printing IDWs to PDF.  It would never print every drawing I selected.  It would randomly miss a few.  The task scheduler log said that it printed every drawing successfully, but some of the actual files were mysteriously missing.

I tried it several times, and every time it would miss a few, but they were never the same ones.

Message 5 of 5
BLHDrafting
in reply to: cwhetten

While being very useful (especially to migrate files) it's just so dodgy and not reliable. But what can you do? It's the only automated (loose term) method of batch processing anything without learning a bucket load of VB or iLogic or some other language. Ho hum, just have to persevere!
Brendan Henderson

Twitter @BLHDrafting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report