Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task scheduler failed to connect

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
michael.shelley
1626 Views, 7 Replies

Task scheduler failed to connect

Guys,

I have been having problems getting Task Scheduler to work. Its failing to connect to the database?

Its teløling me that path is not valid. How to I change path to be valid?

Michael

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
blair
in reply to: michael.shelley

I assume you are migrating: make sure you are pointing to the correct project and you have a correct path/folder for the Log file

Capture.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 8
michael.shelley
in reply to: blair

Hi Blair,

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

When I click on the task scheduler Icon in start menu or desktop I get the following:

'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\TaskScheduler\TaskScheduler.mdb is not valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

How to I change path in shortcut so it matchs wherew file is? I tried moving file to path above but this does not work.

After I press ok I get a login in window

Data source and authorization?

Michael

Message 4 of 8
blair

Can you open the Windows Exporer and do a search and see if the said file resides in the directory. Possibly user permissions may not have let Inventor register properly on installation.

You were logged in with Administrative privedges and had the UAC slider set to it's lowest setting.

You may need to do a Repair of Inventor with the required settings/enviroment.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 8
michael.shelley
in reply to: blair

HI Blair,

Thanks for the responce!! This where I let myself down 😞 How do I go about doing this? I'm not really sure I understand what you mean??

The mdb file resides in path not on C drive. But when I move to where task schedular is looking for it it still can't find it?

Michael

Message 6 of 8
blair

Why would the path not reside on the "C" drive? Was this PC on a network and is now a standalone unit not on a network?

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8

Hi Blair,

Because I have 2 drives C and E.

I have everything installed on the E drive but yet it's still looking on the c drive. So when I move file to C drive with correct path I still get the same error.

Michael

Message 8 of 8
blair

I don't see any setting within the Windows Registry that point to the file in question. You may need to contact your VAR reseller or log a support call with Autodesk themselves.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report