Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Scheduler error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Digitek-USA
1200 Views, 9 Replies

Task Scheduler error

OK, the only version of Inventor I have ever ran on my new workstation is R2012. So can anyone tell me why, when I try to run Task Scheduler, I get the error "The last Autodesk Inventor version used on this machine does correspond to this version of the Task Scheduler. Please run and close Autodesk Inventor R2012 before running Task Scheduler"?

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ampster402
in reply to: Digitek-USA

is it possible you or someone else installed a older trial version of Inventor on this pc in the past?

Do you happen to have Inventor running when you launched the TS?  Close down Inventor before running TS in that case.

Message 3 of 10
Digitek-USA
in reply to: ampster402

It's a bran new computer, only R2012 has ever been loaded on it, I am sure of that. I have tried both with Inventor running and not running.

This all started when I tried to use Design Assistant to rename some files in an assembly. I got a message that a couple of library parts needed to be  updated to the current release before they could be edited. I picked "OK", thinking I didn't plan on renaming the library parts anyways. Design Assistant loaded the assembly but everything was grayed out, I couldn't edit anything, which is totally ridiculous!

I then figured I would use Task Scheduler to migrate my library files and ended up with the Task Scheduler issue. Very frustrating! I have a deadline looming and am dead in the water again.

Inventor has many incomplete and useless error messages like this one I received this morning. Come on AutoDesk what am I suppose to do with this Gibberish? AutoDesk need to tighten up their code.

Error in rule: Sheet_Scale, in document: T006-50 (Part Enclosure).idw

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Inventor.DrawingDocument'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{29F0D467-C114-11D2-B77F-0060B0F159EF}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Message 4 of 10
ampster402

sorry I can't help with the Task Scheduler error, odd!

But I suspect you are correct in that the files need to be migrated up to 2012 and the error msg's you are receiving are related to that...

Now how to get around that, is the question.

Message 5 of 10
diego_dorta

I'm in the same situation.

already re registered Inventor;

re install inv via cmd;

installed mocrosoft access 2016 64bit;

copied C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2023\Task Scheduler from my pc to the affected pc.

nothing works, any suggestion?

Message 6 of 10
johnsonshiue
in reply to: diego_dorta

Hi! Do you mind elaborate the Task Scheduler failure you are seeing? It simply fails to start up? Did you try running it as Admin (right-click on the shortcut icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run as Admin).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 10
diego_dorta

Hi, the error is the same the one was posted. The task scheduler would not start at all. When launched as administrator the error massege is referred at the Access data base (see https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Datab...).

I already tried to follow the steps in this knowledge with no success.

Message 8 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! Did you install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 or 2016? You may need 2016.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! Did you install Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 or 2016? You may need 2016.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 10
diego_dorta

I've installed the 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report