Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Scheduler 2012 issue with "-" in filename?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jonselzer
519 Views, 5 Replies

Task Scheduler 2012 issue with "-" in filename?

I am trying to batch print a series of Inventor dwg's (2012) thru task scheduler.

However, if I try to select any files that have a "-" in the filename it get teh following error: "....... The above filename is invalid."

Filename example:  XXXXXX-XXXX.dwg

I have tried files without the "-" and they appear to work just fine from the same folder.

Is Task Scheduler limited on characters?  If so what are the limitations on filenames that Task Scheduler will work?

Win 7 64 bit.

Inventor Pro 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bbeilke
in reply to: jonselzer

I'm not sure what your problem may be, but virtually all of our filenames have dashes in them and I was able to use the task scheduler to migrate our files when we upgraded to 2012 without any filename difficulties.  I've not used the task scheduler to print however.

Message 3 of 6
jonselzer
in reply to: bbeilke

i can't do anything with the files that contain a "_".  Even if they are on another drive.

There must be a setting somewhere that i haven't found yet.

Anyone with any ideas?

Message 4 of 6
mcgyvr

Just to be clear is it a - or _

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 6
jonselzer

it's a dash, not underline.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 6
jeanchile

I wish I had information to help you but I don't. I did want to chime in and say that every single one of our drawing names has a dash in it and we have never had this problem. I know this doesn't help you, but it may help others when helping you to know that there isn't just one person that can do this all the time.

Good Luck.

Inventor Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report