Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tapped Hole Graphical Glitch

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Rickhos06
374 Views, 6 Replies

Tapped Hole Graphical Glitch

We're getting this graphic anamoly (see attached .jpg) on most of our machines where the tapped hole skin shows through the part. It does this in both the part and the assemblies the parts are in. Only standard tapped holes though. NPT tapped holes don't do it. If I switch between open parts/assemblies it goes away, but as soon as the object is moved or rotated it comes back. I don't believe it has to do with hardware because I have the newest machine and all the other machines have the same problem and they are configured very different (don't even have graphics cards). I'm doing a review period of this machine for upgrades and would like to figure this out before we decide to buy a bunch more. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Are there any recommended settings for the Nvidia Quadro for Inventor that I can try? Anything else? Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Rickhos06

Rick,

Looking at your image you posted, it looks like you are using simulation 2010.  Is that true?

I have never used simulation, so I cannot speak to that.

Can you post your part file for me to take a look at to see if it happens on my machine?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
-niels-

It might be useful if you also attach the results of inventor's diagnostic.
(application options > hardware tab)

Also, is inventor set to Quality, Performance or Compatibility?

I'd suggest setting it to compatibility and see if the problem goes away.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 7
Rickhos06
in reply to: Cadmanto

Yes, we're using 2010. Here's the part.

Message 5 of 7

Hi Rickhos06,

From the screen shot it looks like you're using Inventor 2010? What service pack / hotfix  level are you at? To check your service pack level go to the Help button (top right corner) and then click About Autodesk Inventor from the menu.

Also, if you go to the Tools tab > Application Options button > Hardware tab and set it to Use Software Graphics, this should tell you if the issue is hardware related.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Edit:

I see I was slower than everyone else on the reply. I just opened your file on a machine that has Inventor 2010 and this is what I see:

Autodesk Inventor Thread Issue.png

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

I am not seeing it on my screen.  I callsup just fine.

Like it has been suggested I would check under tools>application options>display.

These are my settings.

display.jpg

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 7

It was the service pack. IT forgot to update that on the new install. Thanks everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report