Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamplate or Link properties in a Virtual Component

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tuliobarata
320 Views, 1 Reply

Tamplate or Link properties in a Virtual Component

Good morning all,

Here in some IAM mine, i need to put a % more of some parts, so I decided to use virtual components for that. It worked great, but I'm with 2 doubts that could help me to get faster doing that.

1º - Is there a way to link the properties of a virtual component, to an existing part ? Like mass, part number and some Customs too. That would be easier in this case, when I need just put some more parts without change the modeling visual.

2º - Can I use a template to create a virtual component ? I did some searches, but I just found topics from 2005 that it wasn't posible, but with IV 2013 or even 2014 is that posible ? It would help a lot because I have here many custom properties that I always have to create again in virtual components.

Thanks

IV 2013
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
samiharada
in reply to: tuliobarata

For #1, I don't think any of functionality you described is supported.

For #2, No, it's not supported either.

You, however, can create an assembly template that has pre-defined virtual components in it.

You may want to make the assembly template = Phantom

([Tools > Options > Document Settings > [Bill of Material] tab) so that you can maintain your

assembly BOM more manageable.

Hope this helps,

Sami Harada

Inventor Framework QA

Autodesk, Inc.

Email_Signature_Logobar.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report