Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tail Dimension

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dexterdweller
2152 Views, 4 Replies

Tail Dimension

I am trying to create a Tail Dimension in Inventor. I've been working on this and it is fairly simple to hide the extension line and arrow for the designated side of the dimension that you want to hide. However, I also want to justify the text to the side that is left and have the other extension line available to attach a callout (sketch symbol). See examples... One example shows what I am trying to achieve and the other is showing where I'm at... I know how to do this in AutoCAD or SolidWorks but I am at a loss in Inventor so far.

I also posted this in the ideas area however it maybe achievable and I may need to remove it from that area. Please help if you can.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bob_holland
in reply to: dexterdweller

By right mouse clicking on each object:
Then you will dimension you object and then hide the extension line of your choice.
Edit the arrowhead in space to be none.

Then left click on text and drag it to where you would like.

I have attached a SWF file that you can open with internet explorer to show you what I am doing.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 3 of 5
dexterdweller
in reply to: bob_holland

Bob is it possible to shorten the line below the text (see attachment)? I would even be happy if the text were in line and only extend up to the text and not beyond to the other side. I realize this is basically a version of the ordinate dimension... So is it possible to get the ordinate dimensions to kick the text over to the side of the extension line?

Thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 5
8wr_zj
in reply to: dexterdweller

Did you ever get the tail dimension figured out? I am also wanting to do this as well.
Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 5 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: 8wr_zj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report