Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T & P Style for lap joints with stub ends

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1075 Views, 3 Replies

T & P Style for lap joints with stub ends

Hello all,

I have a question pertaining to the out of the box styles used within Tube and Pipe. First let me start by saying we are using Inventor 2012. I am looking for an out of the box style to use that will give me lapjoint flanges with stub ends. Does anyone know if any of the pre-existing styles are capable of producing the lap joint with stub ends, on flanged ends of your run, without having to manully replace fittings and adding stub ends.

We don't use a lot of lap joints here but the project I'm working on now requires it. I'm not currently able to make a style because we have too many users and don't have write privelages to Author. So definitely looking for out of the box styles. Thanks ahead of time for any help on this one. It's greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

I have a question pertaining to the out of the box styles used within Tube and Pipe. First let me start by saying we are using Inventor 2012. I am looking for an out of the box style to use that will give me lapjoint flanges with stub ends. Does anyone know if any of the pre-existing styles are capable of producing the lap joint with stub ends, on flanged ends of your run, without having to manully replace fittings and adding stub ends.

We don't use a lot of lap joints here but the project I'm working on now requires it. I'm not currently able to make a style because we have too many users and don't have write privelages to Author. So definitely looking for out of the box styles. Thanks ahead of time for any help on this one. It's greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not aware of anything out of the box for that style.  I think this is something you will need to create as a custom.  Do you have the parts available from the Content Center?  I'm not in Inventor right now so I can't check to see if they exist.  But that's half (or more) of the battle.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello thanks for your reply. I didn't think so but I wanted to run by some of you guys that use T & P all the time. Yes I have all the components in Content Center, I will just have to make a new style. Thanks for the input. It's greatly appreciated.

Regards

Cadman2011

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report