Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Requirement for Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jyothissurendran
1273 Views, 10 Replies

System Requirement for Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014

Hi,

I have Autodesk Inventor Professional Suite 2010 Installed in my system and its running very slow sometimes (Getting Fatal Errors is usual) I am planning to update our version to Inventor 2014. So please advise What is the system requirment for Autodesk Inventor Professional Suite 2014.

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mpatchus
in reply to: jyothissurendran

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15402497&linkID=9242018

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 11
Cadmanto

If you google search exactly what you typed in for this question you would have found your answer.  Smiley Wink

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 11
mcgyvr
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

If you google search exactly what you typed in for this question you would have found your answer.  Smiley Wink

Whats a "google" ? 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 11
stephengibson76
in reply to: mcgyvr

http://bit.ly/uxMA6H

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 6 of 11
jyothissurendran

@Cadmanto wrote:

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

I did the same as you suggested, i made the post after that to get some expert's  advise.......

Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10
Message 7 of 11
Cadmanto

Understood now.  You should state that in your opening post, that you have already looked at the Autodesk website and would like the advise of experts or users persea.  Smiley Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 11
mcgyvr

You are asking for system requirements.. It can't get more "expert" than the system requirements page on the website of the company that created the software..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 9 of 11
Cadmanto
in reply to: mcgyvr

I think what he is saying, is he wants the experience of users to state how and what equipment has worked for them.

I do agree with you, that the Autodesk website is the best place to go at least as a bench mark.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 10 of 11
JDMather

@jyothissurendran wrote:
I did the same as you suggested, i made the post after that to get some expert's  advise.......

The minimum system specs are on the Autodesk site as you have found.

For more detailed information you will need to explain what you typically do.

Assembly size?

Part complexity?

Desktop?

Laptop?

Inventor Studio, Dynamic Simulation or FEA?

Other things that are important to your line of work?

In general - plan for a system that will suite your needs for the next 3-4 years.

As much RAM as you can afford.

SS hard drive for the OS.

Are looking for monitor specs too?

This can quickly turn into 20 questions.

When was the last time you completely restored your current system.

Every 3 or 4 years I will finally get around to returning an old system to it's out-of-the-box condition.

Install all Windows Updates and graphics driver update.

Install MS Office and Inventor....

...and I'm always astonished how much better the old machine runs and why I waited so long to do this.

(in fact, I always seem to do this right after purchasing a new system and then regretting not waiting a little longer till getting my new system, which is of course already out of date when I unpack the box)....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
jyothissurendran
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

@jyothissurendran wrote:

The minimum system specs are on the Autodesk site as you have found.

For more detailed information you will need to explain what you typically do.

Assembly size?

Part complexity?

Desktop?

Laptop?

Inventor Studio, Dynamic Simulation or FEA?

Other things that are important to your line of work?

In general - plan for a system that will suite your needs for the next 3-4 years.

As much RAM as you can afford.

SS hard drive for the OS.

Are looking for monitor specs too?

This can quickly turn into 20 questions.

When was the last time you completely restored your current system.

Every 3 or 4 years I will finally get around to returning an old system to it's out-of-the-box condition.

Install all Windows Updates and graphics driver update.

Install MS Office and Inventor....

...and I'm always astonished how much better the old machine runs and why I waited so long to do this.

(in fact, I always seem to do this right after purchasing a new system and then regretting not waiting a little longer till getting my new system, which is of course already out of date when I unpack the box)....

Thanks Mather.... Your Replays always helps me lot..
I am using it for some kind of Structural designs, Using it in desktop, Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (Updating to 2014). 
Jyothis Surendran
Windows 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report