Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol pattern driven by prompt?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
188 Views, 1 Reply

Symbol pattern driven by prompt?

Has any one created a symbol that can grow based on a prompted entry? For instance: I use flag notes all the time, and sometimes I can do anywhere from 10 to 20 in a row next to item numbers in a parts list. Instead of having to place each one individually, and line them up each time, I would like to be able to place the first flag, aligned with the number, and after I place it, a prompt will ask how many I'm doing, in which I will type the amount, and then it will ask in order for the prompted entries of each flag, since they won't always refer to the same flag note. Once I'm done, my flags will be perfecty aligned and refer to the note in which they correspond. Hope that makes sense. See attachment: In this cas I would align the first flag, hit continue, it would ask me how many flags I want, 8, and then proceed to ask me what I want in each, in this case ones, but in many cases would differ. Any one seen or done this?

TIA,
J Lackey
XP PRO SP2
INTEL CORE 2
2.66GHz 3.25GB RAM
INV 2008 SP 3
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I was thinking about it, and realized that an inherent problem would be if a flag note in the middle of the pattern became irrelevant, than you would have to redo the whole flag pattern, but I'm willing to take the chance. So my inquiry still stands. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report