Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from cloud computing to local computing for Simulation 360

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
socochran
394 Views, 1 Reply

Switching from cloud computing to local computing for Simulation 360

From what little bit I have read on the forum and from google, the only way to do FEA analysis is through Autodesk's cloud server, the problem is my company's firewalls will not allow us to store, connect, or use cloud's or any server but ours. So I wondering if there is a option or setting that I can change and do all the computing locally on my machine. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
henderh
in reply to: socochran

Hi Socochran,

There is not a way to do what you are asking.  That is to force Optimization to solve locally versus sending to the compute grid on Autodesk 360.

What you can do is export the simulation setup from Optimization so that it can be read by the 'full' AIP Stress Analysis package.  However, AIP is only included in PrDS Ultimate 2013 whereas Optimization is included in both Premium and Ultimate (comparison here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=16491076).

I hope this answers your question.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions, comments or suggestions.

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report