Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch to non-modal Parameters window?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BrandonBG
285 Views, 3 Replies

switch to non-modal Parameters window?

Any way to force the Parameters window to be non-modal (a/k/a stays open while I'm working on the model or drawing)?

I'd like to be able to pick parameters, or, at the very least, see my user parameters while I'm adding dimensions. I know I can pull open the drop down list of named parameters when I enter a dimension, but I'd go a lot faster by pointing and clicking where I can see both the named parameter and its value.

BrandonBG

Inventor 2015

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: BrandonBG

Please create a post in the Inventor IdeaStation forum.  There are a number of different posts there proposing changes to the Parameters dialog box, but none that include this idea.  After you post there, put a link here to your IdeaStation post so we can go vote for it.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 3 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: BrandonBG

This is a great idea.

I often use the windows Snipping Tool to take a snapshot of my parameters that I can view them while working on the model.

At least this way I can see my parameters, but it sure would be nice to be able to select them directly.

Parameters Snip.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 4
BrandonBG
in reply to: SBix26

Here's the link to the IdeaStation post.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/non-modal-Parameters-window/idi-p/5225929

BrandonBG

Inventor 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report