Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep with guide rail doesn't work

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Karol-Or
1331 Views, 8 Replies

Sweep with guide rail doesn't work

I edit Sweep1, select path with guide rail, try to select the curve in 3D sketch 2, but don't succeed.

First, it selects both, the path and the guide rail, and when it offers me to select the path alone, i don't know how to call it in english, again it gives a warning.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: Karol-Or

I don't understand the purpose of Work Plane 2 - isn't it a duplication of the YZ Plane?

The profile of Sketch 3 intersects 3D Sketch2 twice.

Shouldn't Sketch 3 be created perpendicular to the start of 3D Sketch2?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
glenn-chun

Problem 1The profile plane intersects the guide rail twice as JD already pointed out.

===>>> Solution:  You should make the guide rail (and path) intersect the profile plane only once.

Problem 2: The start points of the path and guide rail are coincident in your model.

===>>> Solution:  You should have some distance between the two start points.

Glenn

Glenn Chun
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 4 of 9
Karol-Or
in reply to: JDMather

I moved the start point of the guide rail.

I don't see that it intersected twice, i looked at the back view, like the new file is saved, and now i don't see any intersection, but still the warning says it intersects.

It is an exercise from the tutorial, and they said, in order to make the curve which travels (my english isn't too good), i should make a new plane by selecting the path and it's starting point, that's work plane 2.

It, indeed, is a duplication of the YZ plane, but i didn't know it when created.

Message 5 of 9
JDMather

Karol-Or wrote:

It is an exercise from the tutorial...

What tutorial?   Do you have a url?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 9
Karol-Or
Message 7 of 9
JDMather

First thing I notice is that your equation parameters don't match the tutorial parameters.

I would start by reproducing the tutorial exactly, then experiment with your own values after completion.

Message 8 of 9
JDMather

Second thing I notice is that your 2d circle sketch is placed at the origin rather than the end of the 3d sketch curve.

Message 9 of 9
glenn-chun

I created a part in Inventor 2013 by following the tutorial.  See attached.

Glenn

Glenn Chun
Sr. Principal Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report