Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep using 3D Sketch

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
447 Views, 6 Replies

Sweep using 3D Sketch

I shall draw a heating element attached to photo, I can not find the proper solution, I need to change the "a1" distance (diameter) radius of the small bow "3" and the wire diameter and the distance between 1 and 2
help wanted

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you attach your *.ipt attempt here?

What version of Inventor are you using?

Are you familiar with Revolve surface body, coil (helix) surface body and 3D sketch interesection?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I'am using inventor 2014 Pro. as you can see i starded with at top sketch and tried to Project the gerometry down to the work pland under but it don't end on the right spot. Perhaps I shall try a different way ?  

I know Revolve and the others features you talks about. some more some less 🙂

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

While you wait for example solutions - I recommend that you Install Service Pack 2.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

Your "star" has a different number of points than the image you posted?
What do you really want?

I envision the solutions not requiring any extra workplanes (other the the sweep profile plane) and no extra axis.

3D sketch intersection of 2D sketch and coil surface for the sweep path.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

The perfect solutions will be to choose how many stars (5 to 9) in the inventor model as you can see in my first posted foto.

We make the wire (from 1,5mm to 4 mm) around an steel retangel, and when we take it off, it will spind around it self. somthing like this part "Spiral new"

The one I are going to draw is app. 950  mm long and with a circel i the middel  35 mm,  wire 2 mm

Thanks for your time

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Do you think you can make it ? just with one numbers (5 or 6 or 7,8 ,9) of stars

Message 7 of 7
JDMather

I am sure I could, if I had the time, but pretty busy this time of year.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report