Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sweep fails with some bends in 3d sketch

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
301 Views, 1 Reply

sweep fails with some bends in 3d sketch

Hi, I'm trying to generate a sweep form a 3D skecth with bends. As yo can see per image, the sweep works fine if 1 or 2 peaks are pointy with a bend of 1mm or less, while the other bends are fine at 4mm. I need all bends to be 4mm however and then sweep fails. 

I tried it several times and it is always the same. There is a common non error that sweeps sometimes fail but is there any way i could fix this; avoid the sweep bug? 

I created the 3 D sketch by drawing a polygone in a plane , then I connected the polygones corners to the corners of an offset, rotated polygone. I created the bends with the 3D sketch bend function. 

Would much apprechiate your input.

Thanks

Susann 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The images do not provide enough information for me to find out where the problem is. It is possible the path contains degenerated segments that Sweep feature does not like (fixed in 2015 SP1) or the resultant Sweep is a bad body. Please attach the file here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report