Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep did not produce meaningful result

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jmturner
1366 Views, 3 Replies

Sweep did not produce meaningful result

I'm working on this project for school. It is basically a frame for a small golf-cart-truck thing... long story. The frame is designed to elimante as many welds as possible and be bent on a CNC bender. Anyway I created this 3D sketch from a few 2D sketches and a 3D curve, which was much easier than trying to make it from a 3D sketch alone. I'm trying to sweep the pipe profile around the path. The first section works fine, but when I try to add the splines at the end, it gives me a "did not produce meaningful result" error. The preview works fine and looks great. Is there some way to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wilkhui
in reply to: jmturner

Hi Jared,

Thanks for posting your part, looks like you've found a bug! I've logged 37656 for the failing sweep.

I'll be back in touch soon, hopefully there's a workaround.

Cheers,

Indy

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
wilkhui
in reply to: jmturner

Hi again,

Looks like the curvature in Sketch8 is too high for this particular profile. Here's the high curvature area:

jsweep-1.png

If you take a look at the curvature of sketches (activated by right-clicking on a curve and selecting "Display Curvature") you can usually get a good idea of the trouble areas. For instance, here's what I saw in the bit I mentioned above:

jsweep-2.PNG

I reduced the curvature by pulling the handle in Sketch8, circled with the direction below:

jsweep-3.PNG

The difference is subtle (and I'm not sure why the curvature 'comb' changed from green to blue) but here's how the 'comb' looks after my edit:

jsweep-5.PNG

I was able to create the sweep after doing that:

jsweep-4.PNG

Hope this helps but feel free to shout out!

Indy

Inderjeet Singh Wilkhu
Product Owner - ASM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4
jmturner
in reply to: wilkhui

That makes sense, thanks for looking into it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report