Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep defaults to a Cut???

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dromani00
1317 Views, 1 Reply

Sweep defaults to a Cut???

I'm using Inventor 2014.

I'm attempting to add a part to the top of a frame member using a sweep. The frame member is represented in the current part assembly drawing as a "Copy Object".

The geometry for the sweep was generated by first creating four (4) work planes representing the particular edges of the sweep to be made. I then created a 2D drawing against each of those planes and used project geometry to get the desired elements to make up the sweep from the frame member copied objects and three (3) lines complete the profile cross section.

Here's an image of the geometry to be swept:

Sweep Section.jpg

The blue line is the path for the sweep:

Sweep Path.jpg

And here's the created sweep - it looks fine, except the sweep command, for some reason hilights it as a CUT and I can't change it!

Sweep.jpg

Any ideas???

I've attached the pertinent files if you'd like to take a look.

Thank you,

Donald Romani

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
admaiora
in reply to: dromani00

At assembly level you can  only subtract material (cuts, holes, tec) with the command inside panel "modify assembly"

If you want to create  a part or to add material to a part you have to enter at the level part.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report