Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surfaces in a drawing.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DMRichardson
499 Views, 6 Replies

Surfaces in a drawing.

Hello,

I've been doing a layout drawing of a plant

The floor of the plant is split into different faces to denote walkways etc.

When i saw they were missing from the drawing i thought it could be because i haven't  'included surfaces'.

1.jpg

I clicked on include surfaces on the model and it worked!

2.jpg

However, when the green arrow update finishes, they disapear, and the include all surfaces box is unticked! i didn't untick it, so what did?

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

David

Inv 2013 64bit

Regards
David Richardson
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cwhetten
in reply to: DMRichardson

Maybe turn on tangent edges.  This option helps to show the edges of split faces.

Tangent Edges.png

Message 3 of 7
Dolphkarel
in reply to: DMRichardson

I have a problem with surfaces in my inventor drawing. The part is visible in the assembly but when I select “surface bodies” in the drawing and select “visibility” the included error message appears. How can I solve this problem?

Dolph

Message 4 of 7
cwhetten
in reply to: Dolphkarel

I'm sorry, but I just don't know what would cause that error.  What are your system specs (i.e. which version of windows, how much RAM, etc.)?

Message 5 of 7
Dolphkarel
in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks for your reply. At the moment the drawing and model are checked by Autodesk. My system is according the specification given by Autodesk for a 16 bit system. Best regards, Dolph
Message 6 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: Dolphkarel

You meant 32-bit or 64-bit, I hope!  16-bit dates back to Windows 3.1 (~1992?), but I'd like to see the Autodesk specification for that OS! 

Dolphkarel wrote:
Thanks for your reply. At the moment the drawing and model are checked by Autodesk. My system is according the specification given by Autodesk for a 16 bit system. Best regards, Dolph

Message 7 of 7
Dolphkarel
in reply to: SBix26

64 bit of course. It was a bit early.... Autodesk has specified on the web site the following System Requirements For Complex Models, Complex Mold Assemblies, and Large Assemblies (Typically More than 1,000 Parts) * Windows 7 64-bit (recommended) or Windows XP Professional x64 edition (SP2) * Intel Pentium 4, 2 GHz or faster; Intel Xeon, Intel Core, AMD Athlon 64, or AMD Opteron or later processor (9) * 8 GB RAM (10) * Microsoft Direct3D 10 (recommended) or Direct3D 9 capable graphics card (11) * DVD-ROM drive (13) * Microsoft(r) Mouse-compliant pointing device * 1,280 x 1,024 or higher screen resolution * Internet connection for web downloads and Subscription Aware access * Adobe Flash Player 10 (13) * Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x through 8 * Microsoft Excel 2003 through 2010 for iFeatures, iParts, iAssemblies, thread customization, and spreadsheet-driven designs * Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 Regards, Dolph

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report