Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surfaces appearing translucent in assemblies

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
al5walter
543 Views, 2 Replies

surfaces appearing translucent in assemblies

Hi all,

I just updated to inventor 2014 and am having an issue with surfaces in an assembly. The surfaces are not translucent in a sub-assembly (see sub assembly image attached) but become translucent in an assembly containg the sub assembly (see assembly image attached). This was not an issue in 2013 and I really have no idea how to solve the issues as it is not possible to turn off "translucent" for an individual surface in an assembly. Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jddickson
in reply to: al5walter

I tried to replicate your problem but I can’t seem to get the same results.

Have you tried to double clicking on the part at the assembly level from the browser bar? From there you can right click on the surface and turn off the translucent.  Don’t know if it will work but it’s worth a shot.

Are you using the same assembly templates from the previous version? 

Message 3 of 3
al5walter
in reply to: al5walter

Hi jddickson,

Thanks for the quick reply, actually I had already tried turning of "translucent" in the menu bar and was using the same assembly templates.

As it turns out I solved the problem, it was a little of my own stupidity. When I was loading the assembly (which was large) inventor decided to load it in "quick load" mode, once I worked out this is what it had done and asked it to load in "full load" mode it was all fine. The sub-assembly was apparently not large enough for inventor to decide to load it in "quick load" mode.

Thanks again for your response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report