Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surface visability in an idw

46 REPLIES 46
SOLVED
Message 1 of 47
slphantom
3950 Views, 46 Replies

surface visability in an idw

did something change in 2013 as far as the way surfaces are displayed in an idw? the surfaces always always had to be "included" in a idw view. now they come in as regular geometry.

Scott
win 11 64 bit
Nvida GeForce RTX 4000
Inventor Pro 2023
Space Explorer
46 REPLIES 46
Message 41 of 47
t_pcoll
in reply to: thedelee

Can you please send me your dataset so I'll take detailed look? ladislav(dot)pcola(at)autodesk.com

Thanks in advance
Ladislav
Message 42 of 47
thedelee
in reply to: t_pcoll

I am not sure i'll have to ask. Quickly can you show me how you'd turn them off in a veiw rep and not have them show up on something simple

Message 43 of 47
thedelee

THE PARTS OF THE ASSEMBLY HAVE SURAFECES SKELETON AND OTHER COMPONENTS DERIVED IN AS SURFACES. jUST CAN'T GET TURNING THEM OFF TO WORK

Message 44 of 47
MJ9904

I'm having the same issue as thedelee, I will send you a data set.
Message 45 of 47
thedelee

I habve thousand s of part do have to uncheck surfaces in each pice than again for every view rep.

Message 46 of 47
johnsonshiue
in reply to: thedelee

Hi! I would like double-check with you regarding the potential workflow leading to the behavior. When a formerly invisible surface become visible in an associative design view, did you recall doing the following?

In the part containing the surface body, suppress and unsuppress the derived surface or composite node.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 47 of 47
thedelee
in reply to: johnsonshiue

well anytime i edit way of the parts i have to go through each drawing sheet and turn the surfaces off in every view of the drawing, it's unreal how much time this takes in a big drawing package.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report