Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressed components in BOM

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
malleswara.rao
13081 Views, 21 Replies

Suppressed components in BOM

we are using level of details to suppress few components. when we are trying to take BOM for that level of details. we are getting the suppressed components also. is there any control we can do avoiding that suppressed component. I know if you make the BOM sequesnce to reference that wont come in BOM. but we need that file for other LOD.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Kris_Inv2013
in reply to: mrattray

yes I do. thanks. 

Message 22 of 22

try selecting YES TO ALL when save

@Kris_Inv2013 wrote:

Hi Gents, I hope you all are well? The topic just I have been looking for!

I can confirm that iLogic driven component suppress works fine as explained by cwhetten.

However I am encountering with the following issue:

@(background: I am working on a spreadsheet driven assy to change part parameters and am using iLogic to suppress components in the assy. I will drive the whole assy via the spreadsheet @ the end. Wanting to create new variants based on the spreadsheet driven generic assy)

I can’t run iLogic rules in Master LOD, the following error message comes up:

“Component.IsActive: Cannot change the suppression state of components.

The active Level of Detail in ASSY1.aim is not a custom Level of Detail.”

I came over this by creating another LOD (View1). Now this works fine, components are suppressed once I run the rule. And they come back fine if I change the spreadsheet.

But it does not let me generate a BOM in assy mode, if I press the “Bill of Materials” button on the ribbon bar:

“the assembly must be saved before performing the bill of Materialsoperation.” Error message comes up all the time, even after saving it several times.

If I change it back to Master LOD, it does generate a BOM which is correct to the iLogic Rule but of course the components are not suppressed though!!

Any ideas how can I come over this? Suppress parts by iLogic and generate BOMs based on that change?

Thanks in advance.

Kris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report