Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress View in IDW missing on right click

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
coreyparks
352 Views, 5 Replies

Suppress View in IDW missing on right click

I haven't had the chance to use Inventor 2013 too much yet but I am doing some details and I want to suppress a drawing view.  I used to be able to right click on the view and select suppress but that option no longer exists.  The only way I can suppress it now is if find the view in the browser, right click and select suppress.  Does anyone else see this behavior?  The help files say both methods should work.  I did a repair just to make sure but no change.  Very annoying.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
coreyparks
in reply to: coreyparks

I am also seeing other right click options that are no loger there.  I just noticed I can't right click on an assembly view of a parts list inside an IDW and access the bill of materials.  I have to open the assembly iteslef to access it.  The right click option for rotating the view is gone as well.  I am sure there are others that I am just not seeing yet as the right click list seems very small.  Maybe a reinstall will fix it, I just hate to spend that timeand not have it work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 6
-niels-

You're saying your right-click menu is very small, is your overflow menu set to full?

You can reach it by selecting "Customize" on the "tools" tab.

Customize.png

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 6
coreyparks
in reply to: -niels-

What village idiot came up with that setting and then made the default the short menu?  I never would have found that.  Thanks a bunch I was starting to get a little, well lets just say, upset.

Corey Parks
Message 5 of 6
LT.Rusty

That's odd - mine defaulted to "Full Menu" on everything.  Wonder why yours was set to short?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
coreyparks
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Just lucky i guess.  I did look at that tab once so I probably did something to change it and didn't notice.  Normally I just ignore that tab entirely.

Corey Parks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report