Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for upcoming Update...

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jpelon
454 Views, 4 Replies

Suggestion for upcoming Update...

I see a need to be able to expand what types of fasteners/threads are available in the Hole Wizard.

For instance, I would like to add a "Shoulder Bolt" fastener (both Inch & Metric) to the Clearance.xls file so that when this is selected, it would generate a counterbore hole the size of the bolt shaft and a corresponding thread specific to the bolt size (all of which can be inputed in the excel file easily) leaving only the depth of the counterbore and thread... but currently I have to do all of this manually by selecting a "counterbore - thru thread" -or- "counterbore - thread depth" condition which leaves open the possibility for human error.

Also, I use Helicoil inserts a lot and would like to add this to the Thread.xls but I need Inventor to differentiate between a standard threaded hole & the Helicoil so that the hole callout on the drawing will come in as desired.

---------- 

As an experiment, I customized both the Clearance and Thread excel docs (see attached) but ran into some aggrevating issues with regards to how customizable (or lack thereof) the Hole Wizard really is.

As the CAD manager, I was able to manipulate the available options within the excel files and the hole callout note format to get some of the desired results but I feel there should be an easier way.

----------

I will try to upload a PDF that outlines what I was able to accomplish as well as some tweaks that would allow CAD managers the ability to have some more control over what would be automatically calculated by the software.

Jack Pelon

Mechanical  Designer

Inventor Professional 2013

Jack Pelon
Mechanical Engineering
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jpelon
in reply to: jpelon

here's the PDF...

Jack Pelon
Mechanical Engineering
Message 3 of 5
mrattray

You should post this in the idea station.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jpelon
in reply to: JDMather

will do.

Thanks.

Jack Pelon
Mechanical Engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums