Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly constrain error prompt

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
326 Views, 3 Replies

Subassembly constrain error prompt

Hello everybody,

I have a very annoying thing happening to me right now.

I'm working on an assembly that has several subassemblies. Some of them locked by others. One of such assembly has some constrain errors that really don't affect me. But every time I place/change any constraints of my own, or move any of the components in the main assembly, a prompt keeps appearing. (Please see the attached image for details…)

Is there a way to accept this warning once and for all (or at least until the end of the session)?

I waste an enormous amount of time clicking the accept every 10 seconds.

If the default action when hitting enter would be "Accept" instead of "Cancel" it would be a lot less annoying...

Checking the "Do not show messages for pre-existing problems" doesn't solve the problem.

If anyone has an aswer to this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

B.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, it sound slike the constraint errors ARE affecting you.  My first piece of advice would be to fix or delete the troublesome constraints.  Barring that, you can check "Defer Updates" under Application Options\Assembly.  Changes that you make will not update until you implicitly tell them to, and you'll only get the message when you do an update.

Message 3 of 4
dan_inv09
in reply to: cbenner

You could always call the person who has the subassembly locked and ask them to fix it - - - EVERYTIME THE WINDOW POPS UP!

"Did you fix it yet?"

"No, I didn't get to it."

"Got to go, I need to make a call." ring "Did you fix it yet? Hang on." ring "Did you fix it yet?"

It'll get fixed.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks cbenner!

Defer updates is the option that I was looking for, sadly that is not a perfect solution either...

But I guess you're right... Deleting the constraint IS the best option, even if I can't save the broken assembly on exit...at least it will not bug me this session.

dan_inv09, I really laughed at what you wrote. I wish I could do that :))

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report