Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Sub-assembly places into another assembly with all parts the same color. Why?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
holbrooktr
1061 Views, 2 Replies

Sub-assembly places into another assembly with all parts the same color. Why?

I have a sub-assembly with a hinge, a PCB and some hardware holding the PCB to the hinge. When this sub-assembly is placed into another assembly, all parts of the sub-assembly take on the color and appearance of the hinge. (Please see the attched jpg image.)

Why?

And how do I fix it so all parts of the sub-assembly display in the parent assembly with their original appearances?

Thanks,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: holbrooktr

It sounds like you have a color assignment at the sub assembly or assembly level that overrides the part level colors.

Set selection filter to Component priority and post screen cap showing assigned color  (check your View Representations)

or

attach your sub assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
holbrooktr
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you JDMather, your hint about a color-override assigned to the sub-assembly in the parent assembly was enough for me to figure it out. There was a color override set for the sub-assembly by the person from whom I inherited this design.

All fixed now! Thank you very much.

Have a great weekend!

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report