Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-assembly component constraints

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
98 Views, 1 Reply

Sub-assembly component constraints

I have several sub assemblies within a main assembly and several components in each sub-assembly. I have been exploring Inventors functionality within assemblies and have been playing around to better familiarize myself with demoting and promoting components. Now that I have several components “lost in space” I need help to get me out of this jam! I’m trying to figure out the best way to position or constrain components in one sub-assembly to components in another sub-assembly. Is there an easy way to do this? They do not have to be literally constrained, but they do need to be positioned properly. Thanks, Tom….
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Generally components in each sub are constrained to each other and then just the subs need
to have the DOF's removed. If you are actually trying to constrain multiple components
across subs, you are going to have to turn on adaptivity to do it.

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"tmalinski" wrote in message news:f12b0ed.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I have several sub assemblies within a main assembly and several components in each
sub-assembly. I have been exploring Inventors functionality within assemblies and have
been playing around to better familiarize myself with demoting and promoting components.
Now that I have several components "lost in space" I need help to get me out of this jam!
I'm trying to figure out the best way to position or constrain components in one
sub-assembly to components in another sub-assembly. Is there an easy way to do this? They
do not have to be literally constrained, but they do need to be positioned properly.
Thanks, Tom..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report