Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sub assembly BOM Inventor 2013 sp 1

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
albert
6323 Views, 5 Replies

sub assembly BOM Inventor 2013 sp 1

I am creating a drawing of an assembly and I want one sub assembly within the main assembly to have it parts broken down (first level) in the main BOM and I can't figure out how to do it.

The sub assembly is a fixture that places parts in the main assembly; these parts and placements are the same throughout many different main assemblies so I figured, hey lets just put them all in the fixture and use it so I don't have to place every single component every time.....this works great except the BOM just shows one part number (the fixture part number) I could do a separate view but this will just confuse the guys in the shop.

thanks for any ideas

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
brojefj001
in reply to: albert

You need to set your sub assembly bomstructure to phantom this way the assembly it self will not show up but the piece parts that it is composed of.

To do this open you sub assembly and go in to your tools > document settings > Bill of Materials

From this point change your default bom structure to phantom instead of normal.

Hope this is what you needed.

Message 3 of 6
blair

Sounds like you want to list the parts for a desired sub-assembly along with the parts for the main assembly. Just open your drawing, select the BOM list, RMB and select the "Edit Parts List", then click on the + for the desired sub-assembly you wish to expand.

If it is item 4, then all the parts in that assembly with be added as 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and so on in your drawing. 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 6
albert
in reply to: brojefj001

Sweet, that did it! thanks!

Message 5 of 6
albert
in reply to: brojefj001

That's it...thank you so much!
Message 6 of 6
cbell1007

I use inventor Pro 2012. Where is this + sign you speak of. I need to expand  each of the 5 assemblies you see in my parts list table. Am I using the wrong kind of table?

I can see I need a Bill of materials tutorial. Any imformation you have is appreciated.

screen shot

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report