Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles Library - Help me standardise this and I will share with all!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JazzJPH13
389 Views, 6 Replies

Styles Library - Help me standardise this and I will share with all!

Hi Everyone!

I've attached an idw file which I plan on being my template.  it has the styles within that I have been tweaking for 2 weeks now.  If anyone has a .styxml file that has been finalised and to UK CAD standards then I would really appreciate that!

We've pretty much decided we're not going to do any first/third angle projection, we're just going to use views/sections for everything to make it easier to read.  

I removed the adaptable Border (well renamed to "-" because I can't delete it for some reason) as it was too thick and I didn't like the style of it.  Is it possible to just change the lineweights so it looks nicer?  Also, would it be possible to have a Title Block that scales when you change the sheet size?  Ideally I'd love to have a template with:

1. A Styles Library fully cooperative with UK CAD Standards
  2. A Template with a "NICE" looking border that adjusts when sheet size is changed
  3. A Template with an adjustable Title Block

We're on Inventor 2012 at the moment but looking at moving to Inventor 2014 when the media arrives.

- Just to note a few points on the styles:

• The dimensions are grey and thinner than the bold, thicker main view to make the model stand out so the shop floor workers can see what we are drawing.  
  • They are designed so we can work in both A1 & A3, but also so they are easy to read when printed A4 (Which isn't essential should anything need to change)
  • Weld symbols are also grey, although leaders and balloons aren't - I'll have to decide all or nothing on that I think.

Many thanks in advance!

Dell Precision T1700
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz (4 Cores)
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro K2200 (12002 MB / 4096 MB)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: JazzJPH13

I'm not going to create your standards for you, but you can find the line weights for different object types here:

Capture.PNG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 7
JazzJPH13
in reply to: mrattray

My message mustn't have been typed how I intended, I don't want anyone to do my standards for me, but if there are people who have already done them and could point a few things that may need changing then I'd appreciate that.  I'm also not asking anyone to run through and scrutinise every aspect.  

The intention of this post is to provide those who need a neat, tidy and professional drawing border and title block.  I don't want to provide them with personalised styles though, so some thoughts/pointers are appreciated from anyone who wants to add what they've found over the years.

Cheers for the screen dump, I know all that already though.

Cheers again!

Jazz

Dell Precision T1700
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
Message 4 of 7
mrattray

@JazzJPH13 wrote:

Cheers for the screen dump, I know all that already though.

@JazzJPH13 wrote:
I removed the adaptable Border (well renamed to "-" because I can't delete it for some reason) as it was too thick and I didn't like the style of it.  Is it possible to just change the lineweights so it looks nicer?

If you go to that screen I showed you and change the line weight for the "Border" layer it will do what you asked.

By the way, you likely couldn't delete the original border definition because it was in use. If you delete from all sheets in the drawing, you should be able to delete it from the drawing resources folder. Although, I don't see why it's necessary in the first place as any border you create will still use the line weight specified for the border layer...

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 7
JazzJPH13
in reply to: mrattray

That's fair enough.  I altered that earlier and found it didn't change it.  I'll play with it a little more and see what it does

As for the other comment about the border not being deleted - I have tried that and really can't delete the border, even when it's been removed from the active sheets.  Take a look if you like?

At the moment I can't really use a zone border as the margin is a set size (for example 10mm) which would only work in A3 as the standard margins differ per sheet size.  So I've had to use two separate "Solid" borders.

Cheers for the tips so far though, much appreciated.

Jazz

Dell Precision T1700
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM
Message 6 of 7
coreyparks

Adjustable title block is a no go there.  The best you could do is make various sizes for different sheets.  The default adjustable border can't be deleted but it can be modified i believe. See the pic below and play with the settings a bit to see if you can get what you want.

Border.PNG

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 7 of 7
JazzJPH13
in reply to: coreyparks

Thanks for that Corey - it's a good tool but the margins will only be a set dimension, and unfortunately the standard margins for A3/A4 (10mm x 15mm) differs from A1 (20mm x 30mm).  The tool you've mentioned there allows for only a set dimension.

Cheers anyway mate!

Dell Precision T1700
Windows 7 64-Bit
16.0 GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report