Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles in new file from my library

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kmeldfreyssinet
277 Views, 4 Replies

Styles in new file from my library

Hi,

I have AI 2012

I wanted to make my own library to have only styles I want in it.

I did this with "Style library manage". In this progrm when I open my library it shows style I want ond it looks OK.

When I make new project in inventor and point "Design Data =" to my library folder I have styles I want i part .ipt file. Howewer whan I make new drawing .idw file from defoult.idw tamplet I have styles od dimentioning, annotation....... not form my libray but from DIN standard.

Why?

What to do to have styles from my library?

Can I somehow make my library defoult standard?

Regards,

Cris

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: kmeldfreyssinet

Edit your .idw template file-- what Standard is it using?  All of the components of the active Standard are cached in the template file, so you have to purge all of them.  Check the Object Defaults style for the Standard your template is using-- this is where you set the defaults for each different type of drawing annotation.

If you already know all this, my apologies.  But it sounds as if you might need to study a bit on drawing styles.

Message 3 of 5

Hi,

I am trying to edit tamplet file but:

- I can not purge default standard styles, any of them,

- it seems that my tamplet uses DIN as default standard. I checked documet settings, but I can not change or choose other standard.

- I assume that I specify object default style in Style Editor, this would make sence to me, althought I can not find any option "set as default"

- if I add some style to my tamplet i is there whan I create new drawing.

I would with plesure study help looking for answers to my question if only help work offline, and offline source was installed with program.

Now I only have internet on moments, conection is wery poor, and can not download sorce files for hel, or braws online help. 

So if fomeone could post step by step exaple I would apreciate very much.

Thanks in adwance,

Cris

Message 4 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: kmeldfreyssinet

Inventor can certainly do what you are trying to accomplish.  Unfortunately, I don't have time to give you a complete explanation-- my apologies.  But if your new Styles library Standard has the same name as your template's Standard, then all that is needed, perhaps, is to update your template Standard from the library, then purge.  You cannot purge styles if they are in use, and they are in use as long as they are referred to by other styles, or used by any elements in the document.  It can be very difficult (or impossible) to find all those references.

Message 5 of 5
kmeldfreyssinet
in reply to: SBix26

Hi again,

I have offline help now and trying to get threw style librarys.

But iven in the begining I find problems.

I have help fo AI 2012, a had doublechecked.

In help It is said that I can set "Use Style Library" to "YES", "NO", and "READ ONLY" but in projects window in Invwntor I only have "Read-Write" and "Read-Only" (see attachment)

is "NO" steel avialable in 2012? I remember in 2009 it was.

How to meke project not using Style Library?

Regards,

Cris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report