Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Styles editor idiot moment

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
eveylynne
429 Views, 4 Replies

Styles editor idiot moment

Long short, I wanted to rename one of the default layer, "Visible," to "CUT" since that's what our plasma cutter looks for.

However, I created a copy of Visible named CUT.  Now when I open a new drawing, I get the usual, "The following definitions in template Blah differ from the definitions in the style library..."

I know I could update each template, but I'd rather just delete the copied layer in the styles library.  However, I don't see how.  Any tips on removing my extra layer with out starting from scratch? Or how to rename a default layer?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: eveylynne

Did you try RCing on the layer in the styles and standards editor and purging it?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
eveylynne
in reply to: Cadmanto

Yeah, nothing shows up to purge. 😞

(moments later)

However, I appernetly just needed to relaunch Inventor.  It worked this time around! thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto

Your welcome.  Glad it worked out for you.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
hareshbhere

Hello,

I have renamed one of the layer from "Engraving" to "UBENDLINE" as our laser is looking for. Now I have to update all old drawing for new layer.

When I tried to update old drawing for styles, it is not updating style i. showing old layer "Engraving". Same I tried with new drawing, it is showing correct layer as expected.

Please suggest me solution for updating old drawings.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report