Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

styles and standards editor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
swordmaster
653 Views, 7 Replies

styles and standards editor

I have created some new layer and Text styles.

I would like to set the new Text styles to the new layers, but cannot find a way to do so.

Anyone point me in the correct direction

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cwhetten
in reply to: swordmaster

You can't set a text style to a layer.  You have to set object types to layers in the Object Defaults portion of the Style & Standard editor.  So, for example, you could set all leader text objects to use one of your new layers.

Of course, you can always set an individual annotation to a layer by selecting it and choosing a layer from the drop-down menu on the Annotate tab.

Message 3 of 8

Hi swordmaster, 

Go to the Manage tab and click the Styles Editor button, then located the Object Defaults node in the left pane.

Click on it so that the right pane displays the various object defaults, then use the Filter drop down to filter for only Text Objects.  You can then set the default layer using the drop down box on the right.

Autodesk Inventor Text Layers.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 8
Cadmanto

If you go to the styles editor, select the standard you are using under the "Object Defaults" tab you will see the text line.

Then under the object style column edit that to be your text you just created and then under the layer colulmn choose the one you want.  You have to choose the "Edit" button at the top first before you can change it.

layer.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 8
swordmaster
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the quick replies, I never get too involved in layers in Inventor so i am in uncharted waters!

I will try each of your solutions and see which works best!

thanks

Message 6 of 8
swordmaster

Okay, this where i have got to with this

I created two new text styles

I opened my standard and placed a check mark next to these (under the Available Styles tab)

I created two new layers and similar to the text styles placed the check mark.

Now (and i did not mention this in my earlier post!)

I created a two new Table styles each table uses one of the new text styles. That works fine!!!!

However i can see NO way to get the text style in the Table to use the new layer.

I can change the whole table to that layer, but really i need to change just the text

Any suggestions

Message 7 of 8
swordmaster

Ok, I guess I must be having a bad day 😞 when I open the objectDefaults for my standard I see a list of Object Types , Object Styles and Layers True I can select one of those object types and change the style and layer to my newly created ones. However since I do not see my new table styles under the object types I cannot change my new table styles Bruce Sword Autodesk Inventor 2010 Certified Associate Autodesk Inventor 2010 Certified Professional -------------------------------------------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail message, including all replies or forwarded messages connected herewith, is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you, the reader of this message, are not an intended recipient hereof, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail message. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible by return e-mail message or by telephone at (601) 425-3151. In addition, please delete the erroneously received message and any reply from your system and any device/media where the message is stored. --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 8 of 8
cwhetten

You can't set a style to be on a specific layer, and you can't set a layer to have a specific style.  They are both independent properties of a drawing object.

In your case, you can set the object default for General Table to have your custom table style AND your custom layer.  What this does is when you place new tables, they will automatically be set to have the custom table style and be on your custom layer.

But this isn't the only way to set the properties of a table.  You can also create a table, then select it and change its style to your custom table style (by using the style dropdown on the Annotate tab).  You can also select it and change its layer to your custom layer (by using the layer dropdown on the Annotate tab).  This will only change the style and layer of the selected table, not any others.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report