Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style Problems

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rabruce
610 Views, 8 Replies

Style Problems

I'm relatively new to Inventor 2012 and I've have been trying to customise my title block etc in order to create a drawing template.  When I create a new drawing using the template I get a error box appearing.  I can click OK and carry on but I would like to get rid of the box and understand where I went wrong.  I've attached a clip of the error I get.

All help would be gratefully received.

Bob Bruce

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
yannick3
in reply to: rabruce

Hi

open your template ans save your edited style (see pict)

The warning appears when the style library is not the same with template's style

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 3 of 9
KevinM.

I am having a similar problem after creating several templates.

For each I have assigned a seperate style library by exporting the style, saving it to the style manager in a seperate folder, and updating the document. Everything seems fine until I try and open another document when I recieve the same message referenced by the OP and the style is set back to the default.

Is it possible to assign individual style libraries to seperate documents without resetting the styles of all other documents?

Message 4 of 9
yannick3

Hi

yes

You must create new norme in libairy style associeted with new default object value

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 5 of 9
SBix26
in reply to: KevinM.

As Yannick mentioned, you want to create different Standard styles within one library, each with an associated Object Defaults style.  Each template specifies which Standard is active, and this Standard controls the defaults and available styles.

Exporting styles and collecting those .xml files in one place does not create a styles library! 

Message 6 of 9
KevinM.
in reply to: SBix26

I see now. That makes sense. Thank you.

Message 7 of 9
KevinM.

Having some trouble with my templates. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong.

Taking sbixler's suggestion I was able to create seperate active standards and accompanying default object settings in each template document. After saving the file I reopen it just to make sure the settings are still correct. Everything looks okay until I create a new drawing using the templates at which point I recieve the conflicting styles error message.

I go back to the template file and my styles are still correct. Normally I would save the style to style library but if I do that it will create an error message on my other template and I am back to square one...

I must not be using the Standards & Default Objects correctly? Please advise.

Message 8 of 9
jtylerbc

Pretty sure that your problem is this:

Although you've got two standards, they're both referencing the same Object Defaults style.  Thus, when you try to save the styles from your template with one standard, it writes over the Object Defaults, creating a problem with the second.  If you try saving that one's styles, it writes back over the Object Defaults style, and creates a conflict with the first template.

You need to create two seperate Object Defaults styles as well, and have each of your standards referring to the corresponding one.

Message 9 of 9
SBix26

The conflicting styles error may be an actual bug in the software.  I routinely receive such an error (only in Inventor 2012) when starting a new drawing from our .idw template, and only regarding one parts list style.  I have done everything I can think of to harmonize the template and library, and they are to all appearances identical, but still get the error most of the time, but not absolutely every time.

Most "bugs" are some variety of operator error or misunderstanding of the software, but I have not been able to correct the issue using the available tools, and never experienced it in previous versions.  So you might have everything set up properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report