Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style Library Updates

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LonesomeJoe
563 Views, 5 Replies

Style Library Updates

I'm using Iv R2011, having trouble making a new style.  I opened the template, created a new dimension style, saved the template, then..... I clicked the "save" icon beside the Styles Editor, the "Save Styles to Style Library" message box asked me if I wanted to update the Style Library with the "New Dimension Style" in the template.  I clicked the "Yes" at the end of the description of the new style, then "Ok".  When I open the TEMPLATE, the new dimension style is there.  When I make a NEW DRAWING using the template it is not... When I open the template and again ask it to save the style change, it is still in the list in the "Save Styles to Style Library" message box.  How does this magic work???

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

Open your template and go to the styles editor, click on the default standard on the left, then select the available styles tab on the right. Select dimension style type in the list and check the box in front of the style name.

Message 3 of 6
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: Anonymous

I looked at the style library in the template, and the new dimension style is checked.  I open the template, click the "Style Editor" icon, the "Style and Standard Editor" comes up (see "Style_Update_01.JPG").  "STARFIRE" is our Style Library, and it is "bold".  I select the "Available Styles" tab, click "Dimension" in the "Style Type" list, and the new dimension style, "STARFIRE CHAMFER" is checked.

When I open a new drawing, I get the error message (see Style_Update_02.JPG") that says the style library and the template have different information.  Honestly, I can't figure out how to use this feature.  WHAT??? are we doing wrong?????

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Try opening the template and update styles to match the library, then save the template.
Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! It seems that the active project may not be using your custom Styles Libray. It seems to be using the system Styles Library. Could you take a snapshot of the Project dialog? I would like to see if the settings are set correctly.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6
LonesomeJoe

Yeeee-HAAH!!!  We got it.  The "Save" function which saves the styles in the drawing to the Style Library has TWO styles it's asking to change: "STARFIRE" and "STARFIRE CHAMFER".  We interpreted the item "STARFIRE" to be the "STARFIRE dimension style, and did not save it.... it is ACTUALLY the "STARFIRE" style, and by NOT changing it, we weren't doing the step that puts the new dimension style INTO the style....Smiley Embarassed  Anyways, everything is ok now, thanx for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report