Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style Conflict

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
SimonBritton
5249 Views, 12 Replies

Style Conflict

I have just updated Inventor 2011 to 2012. 2011 worked perfectly. Now when I open a new .dwg document, I get the attached error message

I have opened the .dwg template and saved the styles to the library, but I still get the error

Please can you help. It would be very much appreciated and could save my pc from leaving the building via the second floor window!

Thanks

Simon

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
SBix26
in reply to: SimonBritton

I had the same issue, though the reported unmatched styles were Parts List styles instead of Standards.  I edited each of the problem styles in my template, made a minor change, then changed back, saved the style and saved it to the library.  Problem eliminated, but cause of problem not discovered-- Autodesk?

More background: I created my 2012 .idw templates by copying the installed templates, changing the active to my (migrated) library Standard, purging unused styles, then copying in my resources (borders, etc) from the 2011 version.  Therefore, the styles in the templates were copied from the styles library, and the Styles Manager showed no changes locally.  But whenever I started a new drawing from these templates, I got the message that the Parts List styles didn't match the library, until I dirtied the local styles and copied them to the library.

Message 3 of 13
SimonBritton
in reply to: SBix26

Hi Sam

Thanks very much for the response

If the problem is not the standards ISO then how do I pinpoint the conflict

Thanks

Simon 

Message 4 of 13
SBix26

I don't think that you can pinpoint the conflict-- it's an internal conflict that Inventor can only resolve with the aid of a good therapist (or developer). 

However, fixing it for your setup is possible (at least it was for me).  In a project that allows writing to the library, "modify" the ISO Standard style by changing some setting (such as Units), saving it, then changing it back to what it was and saving it again, then saving to the styles library.  This worked for me with the Parts List styles that were giving me trouble, and I hope it works for your problem.

Message 5 of 13
SimonBritton

Hi Sam

I followed your instructions and I tried various other things, but it doesn't want to work for me

Many thanks for your help. I will just have to live with it

Autodesk seem to have broken something that was working perfectly

Kind regards

Simon  

Message 6 of 13
jdits7

You might to take a look at this post from the Official Inventor Support Team Blog

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/how-to-preserve-cached-styles-in-inventor-...

jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
Message 7 of 13
SimonBritton
in reply to: jdits7

Hi Sam

I think you've fixed it. Which is fantastic!!

Thanks very much for your persistance

Kind regards

Simon

Message 8 of 13
wesaborgs

Hi,

I've got the same problem and I've tried all different kinds of things to solve it, though not the right ones apparently..

I have managed to get my .idw template to work in one project. But every time I shift to another project and choose to create a new .idw drawing from my template, I get these messages about styles not matching with library (se att. picture).

I've contacted the support but got only this link (http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/how-to-preserve-cached-styles-in-inventor-... which really didn't solve anything I'm afraid.

It's a "bit" frustrating I must say to not be able to work this out. So I'd be very grateful for some help with this.

Regards,

Sebastian Lyrbo

Message 9 of 13
SBix26
in reply to: wesaborgs

First you have to figure out where your Styles Libraries are.  The default location is set by Application Options > Files tab > Design Data folder.  Then, each project (.ipj) file can designate either the default location, or set a Design Data location specifically for that project.  It sound as if the latter is happening in your situation, since different projects have different behaviors.

Message 10 of 13
wesaborgs

I've checked where my Styles library are. And all my projects points to my default folder location.

Message 11 of 13
wesaborgs
in reply to: wesaborgs

Problem solved.

I don't know exactly what I've done, but I had to accept some of the differences between my template and styles library, and change them manually. So now it works fine.

Message 12 of 13

I've got a simular problem here...

Plese find enclosed my partslist.xml

I have added a filter to the partslists eg item number range L-O and saved it to the library. When opening the XML-file I can find my "adds". I also saved it to my standard.dwg.

When opening a new drawing everything works fine. But, when one of my collegues open a new drawing, the get a style conflict, have the posibility to update from style library (filter is gone).

Please help

Message 13 of 13
michael

You nailed it Sam! Been bugging me for weeks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report