Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid New Sketch Animation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pontemt
449 Views, 5 Replies

Stupid New Sketch Animation

Does any one know if you can turn off the stupid animation Inventor does when you start a new sketch? 

What I'm talking about is when you click to start a new sketch Inventor tries to reorient the view. 

Example: I start a new sketch on the Top plane.  Inventor then spins 180 degrees so everything I sketch is upside down.

I absolute hate this feature. I usally orient the model with the plane I want to sketch on, the way I want it, before starting a sketch and then when I do start a new sketch, Inventor goes and messes everything up.  Why does it feel the need to do this???   

Thanks for any advice. 

Michael

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: pontemt

@pontemt wrote:

Does any one know if you can turn off the stupid animation Inventor does when you start a new sketch? 

What I'm talking about is when you click to start a new sketch Inventor tries to reorient the view. 

Example: I start a new sketch on the Top plane.  Inventor then spins 180 degrees so everything I sketch is upside down.

I absolute hate this feature. I usally orient the model with the plane I want to sketch on, the way I want it, before starting a sketch and then when I do start a new sketch, Inventor goes and messes everything up.  Why does it feel the need to do this???   

Thanks for any advice. 

Michael

What version of Inventor are you using?  This is one of the oldest and most documented annoyances with Inventor going back as far as I can remember.  Many discussion threads on this topic as well as many suggestions in the Inventor Idea Station to fix this. 

I'm not sure if this was addressed in 2014 or not, but I sure hope it is soon because many of us here feel your pain.

Message 3 of 6
pontemt
in reply to: cbenner

I'm using 2014. So no it has not been addressed in the newest edition.
Message 4 of 6
ravikmb5

sketch animation.pnggo to 

tools - Application options

then uncheck box 

Look at sketch plane creation

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 5 of 6
pontemt
in reply to: ravikmb5

Thank you so much.  You don't know how much frustration you just saved me.  I'm originally a Soildworks user and this was one feature of Inventor that irrated the hell out of me.

Message 6 of 6
mrattray

Agreed.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report