Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student needs help, again

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
527 Views, 13 Replies

Student needs help, again

Hi guys, you were so helpful with the last issue I had, I thought I would see if any of you pro's could help.

I have what is easily the largest file I have ever created in Inventor, which is still only 200 kb. I have my project set up correctly, I hope. When I try to do anything, like zoom, for instance, Inventor quits responding. I have all three updates installed. I can't get anything done and it is due in a week and a half.

Also, I drug everything from my inventor file to my thumbdrive so I can Transport and open my project on another p.c. Last time I tried, I couldn't open it. So I made a project on my thumb drive and put everything in there, Is that sufficent? Will it open on another p.c.? Or is there still something else I need to do? 

Thanks for any help yu can send:)

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

It should be. Much easier to do a Pack-And-Go with Inventor and select the option to maintain Directories.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

cool thanksSmiley Very Happy How do I keep it from not responding every time I give it a command?

Message 4 of 14
blair

RMB click on the file you wish to Pack-and-Go, then select the Pack-And-Go.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

So are you saying that Pack-and-Go will stop inventoe from freezing everytime I give a ccommand, or nearly every time?

Message 6 of 14
Dennis_Jeffrey

Pack N Go will not stop the freezing. Please read this and post your Inventor version and system specs

http://teknigroup.com/support/Inventor/Howto.html

Hopefully, you have installed Inventor correctly. For install tips (valid for all versions):

http://teknigroup.com/tutorials/InstallAdsk2009.html

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 7 of 14
blair

Pack-And-Go, is a utility for collecting all related files and system style/fonts. As Dennis stated, Inventor causing your system to freeze is something else.

System specs as listed in this post or Dennis helps. Also make sure you have followed the pre-requisites for the install of Inventor. Dennis has posted a link on his posting.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

I am assuming I have it installesd correctly, I was able to make several ipt and iam's Would that be a false assumption that I have it installed correctly? Wil read the posts listed, thanks

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

I figured out what I have, it seems to be big enough, but maybe not, you tell me.

AMD Anthlon 2 240 Dual Core processor x2

5g ddr3 mem

ATI Raedon hd 4350 Grafics card with 512 mb dedicated memory

Windows 7 64 bit os

Is it safe to assume that since I can make .ipt's and .iam's that the program is installed correctly?

Thanks for any help

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Sorry, I forgot some info. I have Inventor Proffesional 2010 I have all three service packs installed. I have my drivers updated and current. I have no idea how much virtual memory I have. I defrag , diskcheck and virus check nightly.

I am not using anything other than default textures and lighting. My file size is about 200 kb and has several hundred parts, and constraints.

If I forgot any other info, please let me know

Message 11 of 14
Dennis_Jeffrey

One last thought. You state that you have 5GB of RAM in your system. How did you arrive at that without having mismatched memory sticks?  That may be the issue.

You can set Virtual Memory by going to System.

I have 16 stations in my bew classroom with nearly identical specifications, including 4250/4350 ATI graphics. No problems, no crashing. I follow my own advice for installing and using software: http://teknigroup.com/support/InstallAdsksoftware.html

It does no good to turn off the UAC and antivirus (Including Windows Defender which is active when Windows 7 is installed) AFTER software installation.

Here's what I do to install on a new Win 7 system:

New Machine:

1. Set UAC to lowest setting - AND LEAVE IT THERE. A good antivirus  (I use Avira Antivir exclusively)

2. Completely disable Windows Defender

3. Install Aviria Antivir (If you install another Antivirus software, be sure to turn it off AND stop all antivirus services that are running - type "Services" in the Search box)

4. Install MS Office 2007 and run the Excel once.

5. Install Inventor.

6. Install the latest graphics driver from  ATI or NVidia

7. Reboot to start all antivirus services. Make sure that your Antivirus is not disabled. Make sure UAC remains at lowest setting.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 12 of 14
Dennis_Jeffrey

@Anonymous wrote:

"My file size is about 200 kb and has several hundred parts, and constraints."

Do you have any subassemblies? How many constraints are located at the top level assembly?

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Nothing is mismatched on my mem, thats the way it came. Whats a UAC? How do I turn it down? I also have sub-assmblies and sub-sub assemblies. The final part is about 15 subassemblies and about 45 constraints Where do you teach? I have office 2010, whats running excel once do for you?
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

You're the best!!Smiley Very Happy I got all that stuff figured out that you told me to do. Initial tests produce Zero crashing.

Thank you so much for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report