Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured BOM Yellow Highlighted Item Numbers

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Python99
2582 Views, 4 Replies

Structured BOM Yellow Highlighted Item Numbers

I have 4 identical arm weldments that are placed into an assembly with the bushing and tube that are being highlighted. Originally when I looked at the BOM it listed only 2 arms under structured quantity but still recognized quantity 4 under parts only tab. When I switched the arm BOM structure to normal and back to inseperable it then updated to the correct quantity. It is still having some sort of difficulty recognizing 4 arms instead of 2. This is reflected in the fact the item numbers are highlighted, I have never seen this happen before. Not sure how to fix this either than delete the components and re-make the assembly. View attached picture. Thanks in advance for any help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Python99

Hi! Without seeing the actual dataset, it is a bit hard to tell where the problem is. Could you try Manage -> Rebuild All and see if it makes a difference? If not, could you attach the example here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
Python99
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the help again through email, much appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
jdrann
in reply to: Python99

we see that often, so what was the solution?

Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jdrann

Hi! I dug up a very old email that I sent to the OP. Now I remember what was discussed. The yellow highlighting is actually a warning to a condition in the item number. Notice that the two highlighted entries have item numbers 1.2 and 1.1, while the upper level component has item number 2. In theory, the two nested components should be 2.2 and 2.1 instead. The highlight simply indicates the inconsistency.

Is this what you are seeing? If not, you might be looking at a different issue. Please start a new thread and describe the problem with an example.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report