Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured BOM Error

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
LonesomeJoe
198 Views, 2 Replies

Structured BOM Error

I'm working in Inventor R2011. I need to export a BOM which will show the quantity of each part and assembly in the model.  As far as I know, my choices are Structured (All Levels) BOM or Parts Only BOM.  The Structured BOM is "structured" (see what I did there...Smiley Very Happy) to show the quantity of each of the sub-assemblies, then the quantity of parts in each sub-assemby, so there is no TOTAL quantity of the component in the model, only a quantity of the component in its parent sub-assembly.  Can I make a BOM that shows the total quantity in the model?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: LonesomeJoe

I think what you want is a "summarized" BOM..

Inventor does not do that.. 

Parts only is "close"though.. but it does not include the subassembly part numbers.

This might help you have a workaround.. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideastation/summarized-bom-to-cut-a-work-order/idi-p/4346553

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
LonesomeJoe
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanx, McG.  What I'll do is use a couple formulae in Excel to total the quantities!  Thanx for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report