Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretched 3D solids goes to infinity

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
martin
568 Views, 1 Reply

Stretched 3D solids goes to infinity

I have a serious issue with the graphics in Autodesk Inventor 2012 (educational), more specifically any solid shapes. It is really wired so please view the images to get a picture of it. Any solid shape just tend to go to the right no matter what angle you look at it and as it seems to go towards towards infinity (or it is just really, really long). This is in orthographic view I might add. In perspective view the cube ends within the screen but it far from cubical and changes its appearance as you rotate it. As you can see in the pictures even the axis graphics down to the left is messed up.

Picture one is while I am extruding the 10mm cube. The big orange thing is the arrow used to drag up from the sketch.

Picture two is just the 10mm cube. As you can see the wire frame works just fine and it event hides the edges behind the solid.

I just installed the software on this computer so I suspect it is my graphics card that simply cannot handle the 3D solids. It is a few years old, a NVIDIA Quadro FX 540. The shadows does not work either, probably because I do not have shader model 2.0 or newer.

So, can this be fixed somehow or do I have to scrap my computer?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: martin

Try going to Tools>Application Options>Hardware tab and set to lowest setting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report