Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress analysis with different sheet metal thickness

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
shvorst
1377 Views, 4 Replies

Stress analysis with different sheet metal thickness

I was using the stress analysis in Autodesk Inventor 2014. The stress analysis is used on 3 different baseplates (sheet metal parts). When

I change the thickness at "Sheet Metal Defaults" the stress analysis simulation doesn't change it's displacement while the displacement

should differ when changing the thickness. Also Inventor asked for avvvxra5d.fres when opening any baseplate. I linked this file to the

.fres file of the stress analysis in the folder: /AIP/FEA, also don't know if that was something good or bad to do cause it didn't work

for my problem. Can someone please tell me why the displacement doesn't change and what the file is Inventor is asking for. Also at 2 of

the 3 baseplate it still askes for the file and 1 baseplate doesn'te, while I linked all the 3 to there own .fres file.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: shvorst

Did the model update it's plate thickness when you changed the sheet-metal style thickness. You may need to hit the Update button. Are you opening the file through Windows Explorer or have you set your Project file correctly and opening Inventor, selecting your Project file as the active project and then opening your file through the Inventor file-open dialogue button. If your Project file is set correctly and you are opening the file through the Inventor dialogue button then the missing link issue will go away. This is the proper and correct way to use Inventor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
shvorst

yes, the plate thickness did change. I will first check if the update button will work. And I will put all my files with the project file on my computer. Cause I worked from my dropbox folder. Maybe that could be a problem. Thanks for replying.

Message 4 of 5
shvorst

Found the problem. Cause the file was opened from dropbox, the project file in dropbox didn't update and the stress analysis took the settings of the project file (I think).

Message 5 of 5
mrattray

You always need to be working from within the workspace defined in your project file, or issues like this arise.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report