Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis Results can not activate

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
vex
Collaborator
1183 Views, 1 Reply

Stress Analysis Results can not activate

I have an interesting problem:  I have run multiple simulations of this geometry (multiple load criterion, different geometry, etc) and have generated multiple results for the various loading cases.  I have even generated results previously for certain load cases that I am now experiencing trouble with:

I have successfully simulated and viewed the results for this load case last night while I was remote working through VPN.  The results were satisfactory and I decided to postpone transplanting the results into a spreadsheet I have developed until I had more time to devote to it (as in today).  I go into the stress analysis environment and I have to run a few other analysis and generate those results just fine.  I then proceed to this particular stress analysis and the results show no pending updates (which there shouldn't be, so that's good!) and I go to activate the results (stress_zz and Safety Factor) but they won't activate.  I right click and select the activate option, but it does nothing.  I've even tried to re-generate the mesh, but that does nothing as well.  I have faced a similar problem before which was due to bad constraints, but considering I have run this exact geometery with the same constraints (both mating and analysis) I do not believe that to be the problem.  There are no pending geometry updates at the assembly level, there are no warnings or errors that pop up either.  Looking at tha Analysis log I have this:

[quote]

Simulation Inboard Angled Out started: 10/23/2014, 11:58:46 AM

Number of configurations: 1

Simulation Inboard Angled Out finished: 10/23/2014, 11:58:46 AM

Total time 0:00:00

[/quote]

According to the about information box my version of Autodesk Inventor Pro:

2015 64-Bit Edition

Build: 203, Release: 2015 SP1-Date: Tue 09/02/2014

Am I missing something that I could check?

(Also, I must appologize in advance as I can not share this model/assembly that I'm having issue with)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
vex
Collaborator
in reply to: vex

Not an end-all be-all solution, but a work around of sorts that might be helpful in case another individual has the same issue:

Delete the original constraints in the Stress Analysis environment and re-apply them.  Seems to force Inventor to update the mesh and provide the ability to resolve.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report