Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis not working

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1161 Views, 6 Replies

Stress Analysis not working

I am using Inventor 2014 Pro student version.  The Environment tab does not have the stress analysis option.  The add in manager does not open (the cross for it is not colored in).  I originally started with 2013, re-downloaded it, no result, then downloaded 2014.  I have installed the SP2 for 2014.  Same result.  The program (licence) is capable of running stress analysis as my laptop has the same 2013 pro student, and the stress analysis works fine.  I have asked several people at my university and searched forums and internet with no solutions correcting the problem. 

After opening a part, in this case a 1/2 in pvc pipe 1 ft long, I click the environment tab.  The only tabs on that ribbon are convert to sheet metal, and add in manager.  I have ensured every thing that can be installed has been.  If any screenshots or addition information is required just let me know.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you install with UAC and anti-virus temporarily disabled?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I did not have UAC or my antivirus disabled (never had that problem with a program before, and did not have to do that on my laptop).  I will reinstall today and see what happens. 

Thanks for the quick response.

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

You can try a Repair install, but at this point - you will probably have to locate and follow the Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions.

BTW - somewhere in the installation instructions it clearly states to disable UAC and anti-virus.

Your instructor should have covered this in class.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Okay I have turned off UAC and MSE (antivirus).  Repair - still does not work.  Reinstall - still does not work.  I completely uninstalled everything autodesk and redownloaded/installed Inventor Pro and stress analysis still does not show up. 

Message 6 of 7
blair

Make sure you have installed all the Service Packs and Updates for your product (link is at the bottom of this web page). Try doing a repair of your User Account ( I have included instructions for this in the PDF). After the account repair is done, if that doesn't work then try a re-register of Inventor (second attachment included, PDF).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Thank you Blair.  I will look into it maybe later this week.  I made my assembly on my desktop and then sent it to my laptop for analysis in order to get some progress on the project.  My laptop is a bit slow for this (2.10GHz dual core) so, I am anxious to see how my desktop performs (2.6Ghz quad core).

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report