Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis Missing/Help

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dniemiecki
588 Views, 9 Replies

Stress Analysis Missing/Help

Hi I am having trouble trying to use the Stress Analysis function in Inventor 2013, I have the AutoDesk Buildng Design Suite Ultimate 2013 and when I startup Inventor 2013 the stress analysis is there for a brief second during startup, and then it is nowhere to be found under the environments tab. Also it is not located in the Add-Ins tab. I have also searched on these forums but have had no luck wth the available solutions. Any assisstance would be greatly appreciated as I have reinstalled this product multple times with no luck.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: dniemiecki

When you start the program does the splash screen indicate that you are running Inventor Professional?

After starting the program does the big I icon in upper left corner say PRO?

If you go to Help>About Autodesk Inventor (Pro) does it say "Pro"?

I don't see Inventor Professional in this list

http://images.autodesk.com/apac_anz/files/autodesk_building_design_suite_whats_new_letter_en.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 10
dniemiecki
in reply to: JDMather

Hi, 

I cannot see 'Pro' written anywhere, I'm guessing this is just the standard Inventor 2013 program however I believe it should still have the stress analysis function as it is there briefly during startup before I completely dissappears.

Message 4 of 10
JDMather

@dniemiecki wrote:

.... it is there briefly during startup before I completely dissappears.

I do not know what this means?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 10
blair

Good chance that Inventor is really packaged in one form and your Product Key unlocks or locks certain aspects of the program.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 10
dniemiecki

As in when the program is loading up all the settings, I can see the icon to run a stress analysis but once the program fully loads it is not there anymore.. 

Message 7 of 10
blair

Yup

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 10
JDMather

Ah, so a (fleeting) pretty picture led you to believe that you would have that functionality.

I think you will need pro.

You can do some simple analysis without Pro in the Frame Generator > Beam/Column and Plate calculators.

https://events.au.autodesk.com/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=6583

Message 9 of 10
dniemiecki

do you know where the Frame Generator > Beam/Column and Plate calculators are located?

Message 10 of 10
JDMather

You must be in an assembly (*.iam).

Click on the Design tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report