Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis How too Apply Loads Correctly

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Huichen_aerograce
355 Views, 5 Replies

Stress Analysis How too Apply Loads Correctly

In this Assembly, I chose MB plate and Power Plate to conduct stress analysis. But I am quite confused how to apply loads on them? 

For MB plate:

It will be subjected to the loads caused by the gravity of other components. But the question is that, where to apply those forces? On certain points? On surfaces? And how to handle the gravatational force of top cover?

For Power Plate:

What forces will it  be subjected to? Where to apply them?

Thank you for your helppppp!!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The assembly that you attached does us no good without the associated parts.

You can assign a gravitational direction in the stress analysis.

Kirk

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your prompt reply:) May I know how to do it in details? I am kind of new to inventor

Message 4 of 6

To gather all the files, do a pack-n-go..
Open the assembly.
File Menu, save as. Chose pack n go.

The files will be placed in a folder. Go to that folder and zip all the files. Attach the zip file here.

Kirk
Message 5 of 6

When doing stress analysis you need to specify a fixed point (Which would be the point fixed to the ground), Place the gravity and then add a load.

As soon as you have send us the zip file we can have a better look at it

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 6 of 6

Heyyy! I have attach my file here:) Could you help me do a stress analysis to MB plate and power plate? I would like some illustration on how to apply the loads.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdjxcib2ie4nxep/Assembly_chasis.rar

if this cannot be downloaded plz tell me:)

THANK YOU!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report