Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

phila
Message 1 of 3 (208 Views)
Accepted Solution

Stress analysis file purge in 2014

208 Views, 2 Replies
01-14-2014 03:15 PM

I deleted the SA inputs from the file while in SA, turned off OLE, deleted the folder and files created by SA.

The 3rd party still shows up and is grayed out when trying to check it into vault. Can't delete it. When trying to the check in the file to vault, the link to the 3rd party file still exists. The doesn't exist on the disk causing a failure to check it in to vault.

How do you get rid of the stress analysis related files, references, and OLE from a file to allow check in to vault?

How to prevent this in the future?

Thanks for the reply. You pointed me in the right direction.

Not sure where/what link manager is. Never had to use it. Search mentions design assistant. Are they one and the same? If so, It shows the links but when I highlight them, it gives an error that the files could not be found and won't allow deletion.

Furthur search found this in the help files Tried it and broke the link and deleted it allowing Vault check in.

You can break the links to OLE-linked documents in models and drawings using the Document Links and Embeddings dialog box. This dialog box also lists any objects embedded within the file.

1. On the ribbon, click Tools tab >Options panel >Links .
  2. In the Document Links and Embeddings dialog box, select the document with the link you wish to break. You can only select one document at a time.
  3. With the document name highlighted in the dialog box, click the Break Link button. You are then prompted to confirm the operation.
  4. Click Done to close the dialog box.
*Expert Elite*
blair
Message 2 of 3 (201 Views)

Re: Stress analysis file purge in 2014

01-14-2014 03:55 PM in reply to: phila
Use the Link Manager to delete the links. You still may need to manually delete the files, they will be easy to locate as they will have a folder of the file name of the part analyzed.
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IV2015 SP1 PDSU / Sim Mech 2015 r1 /
Win7-64
EVGA X79 - Classified, iCore7 3930k 32Gb Quad-Channel
950Gb (2 x 500Gb Sata III SSD RAID0 Adaptec 6805E Controller)
Nvidia GTX-690 Classified - 340.52
SpacePilot Pro 3.17.7, 6.17., 4.11
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ
phila
Message 3 of 3 (189 Views)

Re: Stress analysis file purge in 2014

01-14-2014 04:47 PM in reply to: phila

Thanks for the reply. You pointed me in the right direction.

Not sure where/what link manager is. Never had to use it. Search mentions design assistant. Are they one and the same? If so, It shows the links but when I highlight them, it gives an error that the files could not be found and won't allow deletion.

Furthur search found this in the help files Tried it and broke the link and deleted it allowing Vault check in.

You can break the links to OLE-linked documents in models and drawings using the Document Links and Embeddings dialog box. This dialog box also lists any objects embedded within the file.

1. On the ribbon, click Tools tab >Options panel >Links .
  2. In the Document Links and Embeddings dialog box, select the document with the link you wish to break. You can only select one document at a time.
  3. With the document name highlighted in the dialog box, click the Break Link button. You are then prompted to confirm the operation.
  4. Click Done to close the dialog box.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.