Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis Bug?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nathan.hill
193 Views, 2 Replies

Stress Analysis Bug?

Ive had some problems with performing stress analysis. The situation is that I have a model which I need to optomise. To do this there are many features that I've linked to an csv file, and several extrusions, sweeps, etc that I can enable and disable in inventor. Using robust design theory I'm testing different combinations of parameter variations using FEA. However, I attempted a simulation and I've noticed that some of the features I've enabled/disabled in the main Inventor environment are not propegating through to the simulation environment. The only way I seem to be able to get these features to appear in the simulation is to create a new simulation and redefine it. Below I've pasted the part feature list showing that which is enabled and disabled for two simulations. The first being erroneous simulation that will not update, and the second being the accurate simulation. As you can see there are a number of discrepencies between the two models that should be identical.

Inventor simulations..png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: nathan.hill

@nathan.hill wrote:

.... features I've enabled/disabled in the main Inventor environment are not propegating through to the simulation environment.

What version of Inventor are  you using.

Rather than suppressing features in the modeling environment - are you familiar with Excluding features in the Analysis enviroment?

Exclude.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
nathan.hill
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the suggestion, however when trying your solution I realised it was changing the parameter values back to older ones. Turns out the good ol 'rebuild all' fixed things. I was using 'update' to implement the new parameters, but it clearly needed a rebuild too... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report